My family and I love eating. And we enjoy sampling a wide variety of food.
Obviously I love cooking too. I love food that's bursting with fantastic aroma and flavours. Like this Honey Curry Chicken. A recipe taken from my sister. Of course I reworked the recipe to my liking.
This recipe is deliciously special that I truly suggest you to try it. It allows you to combine something simple with a few other ingredients to create a dish that is perfectly full of flavours.
1 whole chicken ( cleaned and cut into 16 pieces)
2 small packet of chilli powder
10 dried chilies (blended)
3 clove of large onions
2 clove of garlic
2cm of ginger
2 sticks cinnamon
2 star anise
a bit of oyster sauce
1/2 cup honey
salt and sugar to taste
oil for frying
- Fry the chicken until 3/4 done. Set aside
- Heat the pan with oil. Add in onions, ginger, garlic, cinnamon sticks, and curry leaves.
- Stir fry for 5 minutes until the beautiful aroma fill your kitchen
- Add in dried chillies (blended) until the colour changes.
- Meanwhile, add water to chili powder and pour it into the pan.
- Add in the honey and oyster sauce. Sprinkle the sugar and salt to your liking
- Finally, add in the chicken,. Stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- It's now ready for you to enjoy. Try it.
- Only add in the honey and chili powder towards the end of your cooking time as it will make the taste of the dish bitter if you overcook it.