In anticipation of a movie called Twilight that seems to be taking over my daughters' waking hours (heard it will be coming out soon and it's a movie based on a novel by Stephanie Meyers), I decided to name his newly inspired chicken rendang - Twilight. That's how uncreative I can be!!!
Anyway, I was experimenting with my usual chicken rendang the other day when something overcame me and I decided to tambah-tambah (add in) other ingredients not normally used in my rendang. Hence the Twilight Chicken Rendang. And my daughters simply love it!!!!
Definitely one of the menu for the upcoming Hari Raya Aidil Adha in early December (so that I can show off to my sister again).
a. 1 whole chicken (clean and cut to 16 or 18 pieces)
b. 1/2 kg of coconut milk
c. 4 tbps chili paste
d. 3 tbps chicken curry powder
e. 3 cloves of red onion
f. 3cm of ginger
g. 3 stocks of lemon grass
h. 2 packets of kerisik
i. 1 tumeric leaf
j. 5 daun limau purut
k. Oyster sauce
l. salt and sugar to taste
1. Blend items e,f and g together.
2. Heat oil in wok and put in the blended stuff.
3. Add in chili paste, and curry powder and stir until fragrant.
4. Pour in the coconut milk and chicken to follow
5. Add the rest of the ingredients (make sure you slice the leaves).
6. Cook until dry and serve.
10 - Imam Al-Ghazali on the Stages of Purity
2 weeks ago